Saturday, September 10, 2011

Peach Honey

If you saved your peach peelings (or plan to) this is a great way to use them!  I figured that it was worth a try to make something delicious out of something I would normally throw away.  This took a little more work than I expected, but it is delicious!

This is my last peach post, as they are almost all gone now, but I will start with apples very soon!


Ingredients

6 cups peach peelings
7 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
Cheesecloth or fruit strainer

Peach Peelings
1) Combine peach peelings and water.  Boil and cook for at least an hour or until peelings are completely soft.  Put into cheesecloth or fruit strainer and squeeze out the juice.  I got about one cup of juice from the peelings.  Try to remove all large chunks.

Using a fruit strainer to get out the juice


2) Boil the juice and then add the sugar.

3) Follow previous canning directions to sanitize jars and then after adding the honey to the jars, place in a water bath and seal jars.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment